Tips to Make it Easier For a Housecleaner
Over at Apartment Therapy, there was a great article about how to hire a housekeeper. This article came at a great time for me, because I really need to hire someone to help me out. After 37 years, I think I’m ready to admit that I’m just not enough, and I need some help. And that’s okay! Check out the article: How to Hire a Professional Housecleaner.
But before you leave, I wanted to talk about something I found in the comments in that article. Tips for making your housecleaner’s job easier, as advised by a former cleaning lady (commenter latoyaversailles). Click over to read the full comment, but here are the Cliffs Notes:
- Provide free cold beverages (water and soft drinks).
- Leave the air conditioning turned on (especially in the summer).
- “Green” cleaners may take longer, or not be as efficient. This is just the nature of what they do.
- Some jobs just require paper towels.
- If you aren’t a good cleaner, having a housecleaner more often can end up being cheaper for you (and easier for the cleaner).
- It’s awkward for you to sit in the same room while the cleaner is working.
- Don’t forget to tip during the holiday or the end of the time you need the cleaner.
photo: CC license from Flickr user jaymiek